Orphan Relative Visa

An orphan relative visa allows an orphan child to live permanently in Australia with their relative.

The relative must be:

  • A brother, sister, grandparent,aunt, uncle, or step equivalent of the child and
  • An Australian Citizen, a Permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand Citizen.

Orphan relative visas have two subclassess depending on where the child is at time of application:

Subclass 837- If the child is in Australia at time of application

Subclass 117- If the child is outside Australia at time of application

To be eligible for this visa, a child must be:

  • Sponsored by an eligible relative
  • Younger than 18 years of age
  • Not married or in de-facto relationship
  • Be in a situation where their parents are unable to care for them because they are either dead, are nowhere to be found or are incapable of caring for the child.

A child cannot apply for this visa if their parents could care for them but do not want to.

If the parents cannot be found, the application will need to show how long they have been missing and what has been done to try to find them.

Why Choose Seek Migration

Seek Migration specializes in Employer Sponsored visas, as it is the core of our practice. We have significant amount of experience in assisting employers and employees throughout the whole process of obtaining Permanent Residency.

Please contact us for more information.

Contact Us

Free Initial Online Assessment

Want to know if you are eligible to apply for Skilled Migration? Click on the link below to complete our online form or send in your resume to info@seekmigration.com.au This email address is being protected from spambots. Our team will conduct an assessment and provide you with a recommendation letter outlining the visa pathway, fees, our terms and processing times at no cost.

Online Assessment